Comparison Chart of Wedding Banquet Venues

. Tuesday, December 29, 2009
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

Cyrus & Tracy's Wedding BanquetImage by hochit via Flickr
Addy and I have been looking around for places to have our wedding. There's this pressure to get a location fast because of constant reminders from friends and relatives to settle this part. Despite understanding their point of view and good intentions, I still don't think there's a hard rule to book a place a year beforehand. I get a little peeved when some people giving me the "tsk tsk" look when I told them we were still looking. Will jot down my reasons why later on.

To move on.

We did our due diligence by hunting for several locations. We visited them, looked at reviews, listened to hearsay and researched on their prices. There are so many places to choose from. Perhaps we are not that picky hence the relative ease.

I have compiled a table of comparison of the places we considered. Some of which we visited. Those who followed closely on FB and Twitter will know which venue we chose. The list below is not comprehensive as you have to look at more factors like reputation, quality of food etc. What I have put there is what is given by the venues themselves. There is definitely room for bargaining at some places.


The main categories for comparison are:
  1. Type of Food/Cuisine
  2. Setting and Themes
  3. Size of Venues
  4. Price Range
  5. Free food tasting
  6. Beverages/Cocktail/Snacks
  7. Wines, beer, hard liquor and whether there are corkage waivers
  8. Wedding cake
  9. Champagne toasting
  10. Wedding collaterals and gifts
  11. Carpark
  12. AV system
  13. Changing/Rest Room
  14. Accomodation
  15. Transportation/Accessibility
  16. Other Perks
I believe the above are the main factor/consideration any couple will look at before selecting their venues. If I have the time, i would elaborate on each point as well - pros and cons which I have personally considered and was advised upon.

The list embedded list below is a dynamic file which I will change as I can. Do let me know if you would like to be an editor of it as well.

For a better look at it in another window, click here.




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails